Celeb Gossip, Celeb News and Celeb Pictures by I'm Not Obsessed: Oprah Opens Up To Harper’s Bazaar

Celeb Gossip, Celeb News and Celeb Pictures by I'm Not Obsessed
Best Celebrity Gossip Blog - The Latest Celeb News & Pictures
Oprah Opens Up To Harper's Bazaar
Oct 15th 2012, 15:30

oprah winfrey in harper's bazaar

Oprah Winfrey has certainly been in the spotlight as she builds her network, OWN! After all of her success with ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show,’ I think we’re just used to seeing Oprah succeed at practically everything. Oprah opened up to Harper’s Bazaar about her decision to start OWN and how she’s enjoying life after ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show.’

On her decision to start OWN: "This is the deal, when you have reached the peak of the mountaintop, which is where I was with the Oprah show, you have absolutely no worries. I'd been in the right space at the right time, and I'd done that the best way possible for 25 years. But you have two choices: you can come down from the mountain and spend the rest of your days thinking it was so beautiful there or you can create a vision, look upward, see the next mountain, and start the climb all over again."

On the initial problem with OWN: "What was missing from OWN was me. It required my full-on energy. You know, this past year has been challenging, but it's also been one of the greatest experiences for me getting to know me. What do you do when you don't have the wind at your back?"

On trying to live up to her most celebrated maxim, “Live your best life”: "I'm a work in progress when it comes to practicing that famous motto. Like this morning, I had the intention to meditate for 20 minutes, but I really only made it about 12. And then I said, 'Okay, don't beat yourself up; you did the 12.' I had the intention to work out for an hour, but I only did a half. And even with that I was still a half hour late getting here, so…"

On her guilty pleasures: "Oh I have downloaded all the Fifty Shades of Grey novels and for the first time I can take some guilty pleasure and just read. But I'm thinking, stop with the story, get to the juicy part!"

On her greatest indulgence: "Bathing is my hobby. I love creating bathing experiences – bath gels, bubbles, crystals, salts, lavender milks… Does she go prune? “Oh, yeah! I go prune. I go waaaay prune. I’ve gone to sleep.”

Are you as surprised as I am to hear Oprah’s read the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ trilogy? She always picked more, um, high end novels for her book club! You can read Oprah’s entire interview in the November issue of Harper’s Bazaar (with Nicole Kidman on the cover). The November issue of Harper’s Bazaar will be on newsstands starting October 23.

oprah winfrey in harper's bazaar oprah winfrey in harper's bazaar oprah winfrey in harper's bazaar

Photos by Terry Richardson for Harper’s Bazaar

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive