Celeb Gossip, Celeb News and Celeb Pictures by I'm Not Obsessed: Halle Berry Explains Why She Wants To Move To France With Her Daughter Nahla

Celeb Gossip, Celeb News and Celeb Pictures by I'm Not Obsessed
Best Celebrity Gossip Blog - The Latest Celeb News & Pictures
Halle Berry Explains Why She Wants To Move To France With Her Daughter Nahla
Oct 17th 2012, 21:30

It seems like Halle Berry is really campaigning hard these days in her custody case with ex Gabriel Aubry over their daughter, Nahla. As I’m sure we all know, Halle is trying to move to France with Nahla in order to be closer to her fiance, French actor Olivier Martinez. The Hollywood actress talks about it in the latest issue of In Style Magazine, and mentions how she wants to keep Nahla out of the public spotlight. Here are some highlights from her interview:

On why she wants to move to France
"It's the appeal of privacy and a greater sense of safety for Nahla. I don't want her to grow up around the tabloids. Because we are followed all the time, she is starting to feel like she is somehow special, and of course she is, but I want her to understand that she's special because of who she is, not because she was born into this celebrity blender."

On her custody battle
"There is turbulence, bit this too shall pass."

On her wedding plans:
"I do know it will be very small. I haven't been to many weddings, but I went to one this weekend with 250 guests. I thought, Wow – so this is a wedding, huh? I've never had that, nor have I wanted that. I wasn't even trying to catch the bouquet!"

On her fiance Olivier Martinez:
"When I first met Olivier, there wasn't the initial 'I'm in love!' It was something that grew more gradually—and it feels more real because of that. [Marriage] is another one of those never-say-never things. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I won't stop till I get it right!"

"He's silly, a clown, and very much the life of the party, which is good for someone like me. Danny Downer … been there, done that. Now I like Louie Lightfoot!"

On aging in Hollywood:
"Throughout my career I have been talked out of things I wanted to do, and when I look back I think, I should have followed my instincts. I relied on others to guide me because I thought they knew better. But as I've gotten older, I've learned to trust myself. Don't stress about your age or fight it. Appreciate the young women who look like you once did, but don't strive to be like them. You're moving into a new phase of your life—embrace it. That's what I hope to do."

On not being defined by her hairstyle:
"I think I am at my best when my hair is short. It's easier to take care of and more of who I am. Women are conditioned to think we need long hair. I see that happening with my daughter. She is so in love with her hair right now. She says, 'Look, Mommy—it's so long!" As women, we think it defines us, and we learn that at a young age."

Photo via InStyle

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive