Get Up And Do Something: Technology can reduce our stress, too

Get Up And Do Something
Get up and Do Something is a program of the Delaware Coalition to Promote Physical Activity and Healthy Nutrition. Your source for optimal health.
Technology can reduce our stress, too
Oct 7th 2012, 11:34

I recently had my brain mapped to find out how I handle stress.

I sat ensconced in a large black leather chair, hooked up to electrodes cemented through a bright red cap with some kind of gel.

Donnie, a senior technician with an impressive knowledge of applied neurobiology, guided me through a series of challenges meant to provide a baseline, determined through a qEEG (that is, a quantitative electroencephalogram), for a variety of things including how quickly my brain activates when faced with stressful situations, how it copes during those tasks, how quickly it recovers from errors and how it returns to a resting state.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive