Celeb Gossip, Celeb News and Celeb Pictures by I'm Not Obsessed: Drew Barrymore Is A March Glamour Girl

Celeb Gossip, Celeb News and Celeb Pictures by I'm Not Obsessed
Best Celebrity Gossip Blog - The Latest Celeb News & Pictures
Drew Barrymore Is A March Glamour Girl
Jan 31st 2013, 16:30

HBZ March Newsstand Cover-BorderMaker

Yes, it’s true, people. Motherhood does make a woman more beautiful and all you need to do is look at Drew Barrymore for all the proof you need! The Hollywood actress and celebrity mom is this month’s cover girl for Glamour magazine and oh my, is she looking gorgeous! Inside the mag, the new mom talks about how motherhood has changed her outlook on life and her future plans for her new cosmetics line. Here are some highlights of what she says:

When she first found out she was pregnant, Barrymore put her film roles on hold and searched for ways to work that didn't involve being in a trailer, "living someone else's life through a character. I didn't feel I could do a lot with fashion because I wear sweatpants that I find on the floor," she adds. "I live for makeup and I like wine. These are my truths!"

On keeping the details of her daughter's birth under wraps: “I definitely needed some time,” she recalls. "For a solid six weeks, I was hiding like the Unabomber.  Because I live my life in the public eye, I didn't want that for her. But ultimately she realized that “unless I move into a bunker underground, I don’t have a choice in this matter. It was something that took me weeks to cope with.” 

“I know she didn’t sign up for that,” she says about Olive’s being born into the glare of attention that comes with her mother’s 30-plus years of fame. “I had such an exposed childhood,” she says. “I appreciate my journey, but I don’t want that for my kid. Not any of it. It has nothing to do with whether I liked my childhood. I really did. But as a parent, that isn’t the childhood that I’d provide.”

For her successful LashBlast Mascara commercials, Barrymore's mission was, as it is now, to help women feel good about themselves. "I grew up in a makeup chair," she says. "And to see the women around me getting ready was so aspirational. It's about mothers and daughters, a girl watching her mom at a vanity table. I didn't want a cold campaign with severe messaging. I wanted warmth and acceptance and self-love."

She wants to apply that same fresh, approachable aesthetic to her makeup line, Flower. "Nobody's in gold rain or running through a jungle with their lipstick on," she says. "It was just me and some great music on a white background. That's every girl, in her closet getting ready."

Photo via Glamour

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive